Amazon Legal Technologies is an innovative and high-energy team that supports Amazon's legal operations worldwide. We focus on creating easy to use, highly secure, ingenious solutions that allow our business to efficiently scale for the future.
We are looking for a smart, creative, and results-oriented Applied Scientist who is excited by unique challenges and is passionate about ML and NLP research to solve customers' needs. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a growth position with a high level of ownership in a small, growing team.
As an Applied Scientist, you will bring develop state-of-the-art Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing algorithms and designs using real world data sets. You will be working in a fast-paced, cross-disciplinary team of researchers and engineers who are solving everyday customer problems. You will take on challenging problems, distill real requirements, and then deliver solutions that either leverage existing academic and industrial research, or utilize your own out-of-the-box pragmatic thinking. In addition to coming up with novel solutions and prototypes, you may even need to deliver these to production in customer facing products. Successful candidates can multi-task, quickly adapt to new development environments, learn new systems, create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems.
• PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
• 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
• Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
• Ph.D. degree in Computer Science and Engineering or related disciplines.
• Proven ability to develop and deliver Natural Language Processing algorithms.
• Experience with deep learning frameworks such as Pytorch, TensorFlow, MXNet.
• Experience using an object-oriented language to write production-ready code.