- Seattle, WA
We are looking for an experienced machine learning scientist to contribute at the forefront of cutting edge machine learning.
If you are passionate about new technology trends in machine learning, cloud services and reducing the time and effort to develop and deploy machine learned solutions we would like to talk to you.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Learn and use advanced technologies
• Collaborate with internal engineering teams, leading technology companies around the world and open source community
• Evangelize deep learning technologies and services
• Create innovative products, and see them launched in high volume production
As a member of a science team in AWS AI, you will be working with cross-functional teams and customers to develop new AI features for AWS Elasticsearch service. This position within the AWS AI team presents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical expertise in machine learning, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
• MSc degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning or related field or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years professional experience in conducting experiments, building and deploying machine learned solutions.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, high-performance computing and GPU programming.
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, complexity analysis, problem solving and diagnosis.
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Python, C/C++ or C#.
• PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
• 6+ years of research experience in clustering, time series forecasting, predictive analysis or anomaly detection.
• Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art
• Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top