- Palo Alto, CA
Amazon Search is looking for a senior applied scientist to build the next-generation Autocomplete and Spelling Correction experience. Autocomplete provides real-time suggestions as customers type in the search box. It serves as a virtual assistant on customer's shopping journey. Our suggestions complete customers' thoughts and help them to explore Amazon's vast product offering. Spelling correction recovers the spelling errors in the queries, allowing customers to search effortlessly in any language they prefer, without worrying about making spelling mistakes. You will have the opportunities to leverage the latest developments in Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, and Reinforcement Learning to re-invent customers' shopping experience. Your wok will touch the life of hundreds of millions customers and deliver billion-dollar business impact.
You will love the job if you enjoy brining the cutting-edge research to people's (and yours) day-to-day life. It's a great feeling to realize the model you deployed yesterday has helped your shopping journey today. You will work closely with scientists and engineers to do fast-pace model development and experiment iterations. You will have access to Amazon's rich datasets, AWS's massive computation power, and science and engineering leaders across the company.
As a senior applied scientist and a technical leader, you will
• Drive the science vision and roadmap.
• Develop data-driven solutions for the real-world, large scale problems.
• Deliver and maintain software and models in the production environment.
• Lead cross-functional collaborations between product, design, and engineering.
• Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or a related quantitative field.
• 5+ years industry experience in building machine learning solutions for business problems.
• Experience in deploying, monitoring, and iteratively improving the production machine learning models.
• Experience in mapping business challenges to science solutions and defining the scientific development agenda for the team.
• Hands on development experience using a modern programming language (e.g., Python, Java, or C++).
• PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, or a related quantitative field, and 5+ years of relevant work experience.
• Peer-reviewed scientific publications in Natural Language Processing, Statistical Inference, Reinforcement learning, or a related discipline.
• Experience with defining organizational research and development practices in an industry setting.
• Proven track record in leading, mentoring and growing scientists.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills in presenting complex technical information to technical and non-technical audiences.
Back to top