Amazon AI is looking for world class scientists and engineers to join its AI Labs. This group is entrusted with developing core data mining and machine learning algorithms for AWS services. At Amazon AI you will invent, implement, and deploy state of the art machine learning algorithms and systems. You will build prototypes and explore conceptually new solutions. You will interact closely with our customers and with the academic community. You will be at the heart of a growing and exciting focus area for AWS and work with other acclaimed engineers and world famous scientists. We are particularly interested in applying state of the art ML techniques in the real world at AWS scale.
As an Applied Scientist at Amazon, you will connect with leaders in your field working on similar problems. You will work closely with software engineers, product managers and other Amazon research scientists to lead the end-to-end process of identifying the problem, designing, building and deploying predictive, scalable machine learning models and scientifically measuring their impact on our selection and profitability. The ideal candidate will be an expert in the areas of data science, machine learning and statistics. You will be able to balance technical leadership with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology, models and methodologies choices. You will strive for simplicity, and demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment backed by statistical proof.
The hiring team is willing to consider Seattle, WA, Redmond, WA, San Diego, CA, Boston, MA, and Toronto, CA as possible work locations.
- MS in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Math or equivalent highly technical field.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience, including senior executives, and be able to translate business objectives into action
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working in data science and/or machine learning.
- Proficient using R, Python, or other equivalent statistics and machine learning tools.
- Experience working in the learning field, recommendations and/or personalization.
- Proven ability to implement and operate at large scale.
- Experienced in computer science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design.
- Experience with large distributed systems
- Experience in relational database systems
- Expert knowledge in C++
- PhD in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Math or equivalent highly technical field.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .