Applied Scientist, Alexa Connected Devices
- Seattle, WA
We believe voice is a natural user interface for the smart, connected home. We are seeking an Applied Scientist to use cutting-edge deep learning and machine learning algorithms to drive the next generation of Natural Language Understanding and other information retrieval systems and help deliver features that are highly anticipated by media and well received by our customers.
Part of the Alexa organization, the Devices Entity Resolution team is responsible for determining which devices and device features customers are referencing when asking Alexa to control their devices with directives such as "turn on the lights," "start the gentle cycle," and "set the temperature to cozy." As an Applied Scientist on this team, you will work in a team of passionate, talented, and inventive scientists, to deliver industry-leading, best-possible experience for our customers.
You will be expected to:
• Design and deliver solutions to business challenges that help shape how customers interact with smart devices
• Create and innovate on deep learning and/or machine learning models and algorithms to enable customers to control their devices with increasingly natural language utterances (spanning multiple languages).
• Analyze, understand, and model customer behavior and the customer experience based on large scale data to detect key factors causing satisfaction and dissatisfaction (SAT/DSAT).
• Build and measure online and offline entity-linking metrics for customer-facing scenarios surrounding diverse devices and endpoints
• Perform model/data analysis and monitor user-experience based metrics through online A/B testing
• Influence the team's software architecture
• Operate in a highly visible role, collaborating with many technical leaders and product managers across Amazon Alexa, including stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
• Provide technical direction and mentorship within your team
• PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
• 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business applications
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Python, Java, or C++
• PhD degree in Computer Sciences, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or Mathematics with specialization in information retrieval, speech recognition, natural language processing or machine learning
• 3+ yrs. experience in building spoken language language processing systems (e.g. commercial speech products or government speech projects)
• Solid Machine Learning background and familiar with standard machine learning techniques
• Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
• Solid software development experience
• Good written and spoken communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top