Applied Scientist, Alexa AI
- Seattle, WA
Do you want to join Alexa AI - the science team behind Amazon's intelligence voice assistance system? Do you want to utilize cutting-edge deep-learning and machine learning algorithms to delight millions of Alexa users around the world?
If your answers to these questions are "yes", then come join the Alexa Artificial Intelligence team. We are responsible for the deep learning technology that is central to the automated ranking and arbitration to optimize for end-to-end customer satisfaction.
As an Applied Scientist you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in spoken language understanding. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will leverage Amazon's heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in spoken language understanding.
• PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
• 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
• Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
• Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, or related field with 2+ years industry experience
• Experience building natural language processing systems
• Experience with underlying ML techniques and algorithms development
• Familiar with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Perl or Python.
• PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics with specialization in natural language processing or machine learning
• 5+ yrs. experience in building natural language processing systems (e.g. commercial speech products or government speech projects)
• Solid Machine Learning background and familiar with standard machine learning techniques
• Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
• Solid software development experience
• Good written and spoken communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top