Are you excited about cutting-edge deep-learning NLP, NLU, and Conversational AI? If so, then come and join the Alexa Artificial Intelligence (AI) team. We are the science team behind Amazon's intelligence voice assistance system and are responsible for the deep learning technology that is central to the automated ranking and arbitration to optimize for end-to-end customer satisfaction.
Key job responsibilities
As an Applied Scientist you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in spoken language understanding. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will leverage Amazon's heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in spoken language understanding.
A day in the life
• Design, build, test and release predictive ML models
• Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including such areas as data sourcing/collection, ground truth generation, normalization, and transformation.
• Collaborate with colleagues from science, engineering and business backgrounds.
• Present proposals and results to partner teams in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions
• Work with engineers to develop efficient data querying and inference infrastructure for both offline and online use cases
About the team
We are a science and engineering team part of Alexa AI organization. Our mission is to help Alexa decide which action to take in response to customer requests, incorporating a variety of contextual signals including both direct and indirect customer feedback to provide the best response to the customer. Our work directly contributes to improvement in Alexa business and customer metrics.
• PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
• 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
• Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
• PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics with specialization in natural language processing or machine learning
• 5+ yrs. experience in building natural language processing systems (e.g. commercial speech products or government speech projects)
• Solid Machine Learning background and familiar with standard machine learning techniques
• Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
• Solid software development experience
• Good written and spoken communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us