Join us in a historic endeavour to make Computer Vision accessible to the world with breakthrough research!
The AWS Computer Vision science team has a world-leading team of researchers and academics, and we are looking for world-class colleagues to join us and make the AI revolution happen. Our team of scientists have developed the algorithms and models that power AWS computer vision services such as Amazon Rekognition and Amazon Textract. As part of the team, we expect that you will develop innovative solutions to hard problems, and publish your findings at peer reviewed conferences and workshops.
AWS is the world-leading provider of cloud services, has fostered the creation and growth of countless new businesses, and is a positive force for good. Our customers bring problems which will give Applied Scientists like you endless opportunities to see your research have a positive and immediate impact in the world. You will have the opportunity to partner with technology and business teams to solve real-world problems, have access to virtually endless data and computational resources, and to world-class engineers and developers that can help bring your ideas into the world.
Our research themes include, but are not limited to: few-shot learning, transfer learning, unsupervised and semi-supervised methods, active learning and semi-automated data annotation, large scale image and video detection and recognition, face detection and recognition, OCR and scene text recognition, document understanding, and 3D scene and layout understanding.
Location: Haifa and Tel aviv
• PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, EE, ML or related field
• Minimum 3+ years of research experience or 2+ years of work experience developing and commercializing computer vision or deep learning
• 2+ years of experience implementing computer vision or deep learning algorithms in C++, C, Python or equivalent programming languages
• Experience in multilingual OCR
• Experience with conducting research in a corporate setting
• Excellent publication record in peer reviewed conferences and journals
• Proven expertise in conducting independent research and building computer vision systems.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.