Amazon is looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Applied Scientists with a strong machine learning background to help build industry-leading machine learning tools on AWS. As a scientist in the AWS-ML team, you'll partner with technology and business teams to build new services that surprise and delight our customers. You will be working with terabytes of text, images, and other types of data to solve real-world problems. You'll design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and find new ways of optimizing risk, profitability, and customer experience. As part of this group, you will have the chance to work with a large team of young scientists and engineers, as well as collaborate with principal scientists.
Research science at Amazon is a fast growing activity. Besides theoretical analysis and innovation, our scientists also work closely with software engineers to put algorithms into practice. They also work on cross-disciplinary efforts with other scientists within Amazon.
We're looking for top scientists capable of using ML and other techniques to design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art solutions for never-before-solved problems.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Masters degree in computer science, operations research, statistics, engineering, or mathematics
- 1+ years of experience in the field with a proven track record
- Experience with fast prototyping
- Experience with object oriented languages and efficient low level coding
- Experience with data mining or machine learning applications
- Strong publication record at top conferences and journals
- Experience working effectively with software engineering teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field.