Amazon Advertising is one of Amazon's fastest growing and most profitable businesses. As a core product offering within our advertising portfolio, Sponsored Products (SP) helps merchants, retail vendors, and brand owners succeed via native advertising, which grows incremental sales of their products sold through Amazon. The SP team's primary goals are to help shoppers discover new products they love, be the most efficient way for advertisers to meet their business objectives, and build a sustainable business that continuously innovates on behalf of customers. Our products and solutions are strategically important to enable our Retail and Marketplace businesses to drive long-term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks and break fresh ground in product and technical innovations every day!
In this role you will:
• Research, Design, Build, and Deploy machine learning models and utilize data analysis to deliver scalable solutions to business problems.
• Run A/B experiments, gather data, and perform statistical analysis.
• Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large-scale data analysis, machine-learning model development, model validation and serving.
• Work closely with software engineers on detailed requirements, technical designs and implementation of end-to-end solutions in production
• Research new machine learning approaches.
Impact and Career Growth:
You will invent new shopper and advertiser experiences, and accelerate the pace of Machine Learning and Optimization.
Influence customer facing shopping experiences to helping suppliers grow their retail business and the auction dynamics that leverage native advertising, this role will be powering the engine of one the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.
Define a long-term science vision for our ad marketplace, driven fundamentally from the needs of our customers, translating that direction into specific plans for research and applied scientists, as well as engineering and product teams.
This is a role that combines science leadership, organizational ability, technical strength, product focus and business understanding.
Why you love this opportunity:
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Team video ~ https://youtu.be/zD_6Lzw8raE
• PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
• 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
• Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
• Experience with big data technologies such as Spark, Amazon EMR, Amazon Redshift and Amazon Athena.
• Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
• Production-level programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, Scala, C#, or C++, including object-oriented design
• Depth and breadth in quantitative knowledge; excellent quantitative modeling, statistical analysis, and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to scientists, engineering teams and business audiences
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.