- New York, NY
Amazon Advertising is looking for a motivated, analytical, self-starter to help pave the path for the next generation of insights and advertising products.
You will take consumer insights, advertising effectiveness knowledge and business information needs of our advertising clients to envision new advertising products and tools. You will facilitate innovation on behalf of our customers through prototyping and delivering fully functional proof of concepts (POCs). You will partner with our engineering and platform teams to develop and scale successful POCs.
This role requires strong hands-on skills in terms of effectively working with data and coding. However, the ideal candidate will also bring strong interpersonal and communication skills as the incumbent is expected to directly engage with advertising clients to validate the need and impact of prototypes, as well as to generally stay connected to insights needs of account teams and advertisers.
This is a truly exciting and versatile position in that it allows you to apply and develop your hands-on data modelling and coding skills, to directly engage with stakeholders at major brands while at the same time offering opportunities to work with engineering teams to scale successful innovations.
As a Machine Learning Applied Scientist you will:
• Create new analytical products from conception to prototyping. Scale the product through to production.
• Leverage Amazon's data to conduct research on consumer behavior (in the context of media planning). Make findings available via publishing learning white papers.
• Communicate with clients to understand their needs.
• Represent the "voice of the customer", identify repeatable solutions that can be built to scale to serve more advertisers. Act as a liaison to product teams to help productize these solutions
• Work closely with the Engineering team.
• Advocate and educate clients and internal teams on Amazon's ad platform products.
• Work closely with sales, retail and account management to make data-driven decisions around media planning and strategy.
• Utilize Amazon's marketing measurement and data platforms to help our advertisers understand the impact of their marketing investments with Amazon.
• PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
• 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
• Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
• 2+ years in predictive modeling, data mining and statistical analysis
• Experience with or willingness to learn distributed systems (Spark, Hadoop).
• Digital advertising and e-commerce experience.
• Client-facing experience.
• Experience in online advertising or web-based technologies.
• Experience partnering with sales and/or engineering team.
• Strong oral and written communication skills are critical.
• Strong problem solving ability, task prioritization and ownership.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top