The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Amazon Devices Digital Privacy group is looking for applied privacy scientists to join us. As a privacy scientist in Devices you will invent, implement and deploy state of the art algorithms and systems designed to raise the bar for respectful design. You will build prototypes and explore new solutions. You will lead high-impact privacy work that centers respect for customers and their data. You will be at the heart of a passionate community of privacy experts, and work with acclaimed engineers, privacy advocates, and renowned scientists.
You are someone who cares deeply about privacy and respect for customers, with solid expertise in one or more statistical privacy-related disciplines. You can work in a space where both problems and solutions are sometimes not well defined. You constantly push the boundaries of your own knowledge, and enjoy teaching others. You are pragmatic and focus your work based on the needs of customer and the business.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
• Graduate degree in computer science, operations research, statistics, engineering, or mathematics
• 2+ years of related work experience after Ph.D., or 5 years after MS with significant research experience
• Experience with fast prototyping
• Experience with machine learning applications
• Experience working effectively with software engineering teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
• 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
• Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
• A track record of research and/or prototypes in the field of statistical and data privacy
• The ability to drive a research agenda that is well aligned with business needs
• A current understanding of industry and technology trends in statistical privacy research
• A track record of improving and accelerating technology with science, statistical modeling, algorithm design, and/or prototyping
• The ability to contribute to Amazon's intellectual property and reputation for innovation through patents and/or external publications
• Ability to understand business context of decisions made within and across groups and using context to drive technological choices
• Strong track record of communicating with senior management, colleagues, the open source community and/or academia
• Ability to actively participate in hiring talented people and assist in the career development of others both on and outside the team, mentoring individuals and educating teams on privacy
• Demonstrate high levels of creativity and good judgment