Amazon Science gives you insight into the company's approach to customer-obsessed scientific innovation. Amazon fundamentally believes that scientific innovation is essential to being the most customer-centric company in the world. It's the company's ability to have an impact at scale that allows us to attract some of the brightest minds in artificial intelligence and related fields. Our scientists continue to publish, teach, and engage with the academic community, in addition to utilizing our working backwards method to enrich the way we live and work.
Please visit https://www.amazon.science for more information.
Do you want to join an innovative team of scientists who use machine learning and statistical techniques to help Amazon provide the best customer experience by preventing eCommerce fraud? Do you want to build advanced algorithmic systems that help manage the trust and safety of millions of transactions every day? Are you excited by the prospect of analyzing and modeling terabytes of data and creating state-of-the-art algorithms to solve real world problems? Do you like to own end-to-end business problems/metrics and directly impact the profitability of the company? Do you like to innovate and simplify? If yes, then you may be a great fit to join the Amazon Buyer Risk Prevention Machine Learning group.
• Use statistical and machine learning techniques to create scalable risk management systems
• Analyzing and understanding large amounts of Amazon's historical business data for specific instances of risk or broader risk trends
• Design, development and evaluation of highly innovative models for risk management
• Working closely with software engineering teams to drive real-time model implementations and new feature creations
• Working closely with operations staff to optimize risk management operations,
• Establishing scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
• Tracking general business activity and providing clear, compelling management reporting on a regular basis
• Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches
• PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
• 3+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
• Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
• Communication and data presentation skills
• Problem solving ability
• A PhD in CS, Machine Learning, Statistics, Operations Research
• 6+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling and analysis
• Strong Machine Learning breadth and depth
• Strong skills with SQL
• Strong skills with Spark/Python/Perl (or similar)
• Strong problem solving ability
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us