Interested in making the 'Alexa Everywhere' vision come true? Help us make the multi-device interaction magical. We are building solutions that enable users to interact with multiple Alexa enabled devices seamlessly. We're working hard, having fun, and making history. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge product used every day by people you know. Come join our team!
As an Applied Scientist you will work in one of the fastest-changing fields, with the benefits of Amazon's infrastructure and being surrounded by subject matter experts and technology partners. You must love high quality signal processing, enjoy adjusting codecs, optimizing audio frameworks, and have a feel for what a good consumer experience should sound like. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of novel products and services that make use of speech and language technology.
Machine learning at Amazon is a highly experimental activity, although theoretical analysis and innovation are also welcome. Our applied scientists work closely with software engineers to put algorithms into practice. They also work on cross-disciplinary efforts with social scientists, computer vision experts, and others.
- PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
- 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
- Bachelor's degree in operations research, statistics, engineering, mathematics, or computer science
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Experience with developing system prototypes
- Experience with SQL and Statistical tools
- Experience utilizing problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with large scale simulation tools/applications
- Experience with MATLAB or Python
- Experience with audio filter design
- Masters or PhD degree in operations research, statistics, engineering, mathematics, or computer science and at least 2 years of related work experience
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and use of complex logistics software systems
- Project management experience desired for working on cross-functional projects
- Familiarity with inventory planning concepts - forecasting, planning, optimization, and logistics - gained through work experience or graduate level education
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with large-scale datasets
- Research and develop scalable computer vision and machine learning solutions to hard problems.