- Seattle, WA
Amazon Alexa Communications (connecting people to family and friends) is looking for an Applied Scientist to use cutting-edge deep learning and machine learning algorithms to drive the next generation of Spoken Language Understanding, Recommendation, and other understanding and intelligent response systems that revolutionize multi-modal (voice and GUI) communication for Alexa's customers.
In this role, you will work in a team of passionate, talented, and inventive scientists, to deliver industry-leading solutions to benefit millions of Alexa customers. Your mission is to push the envelope in order to provide the industry-leading, best-possible experience for our customers.
You will be expected to:
• Analyze, understand, and model customer behavior and the customer experience based on large scale data
• Build and measure novel online & offline metrics for personal digital assistants and customer scenarios, on diverse devices and endpoints
• Create, innovate and deliver deep learning, policy-based learning, and/or machine learning based algorithms to deliver customer-impacting results
• Perform model/data analysis and monitor metrics through online A/B testing
• Research and implement novel machine learning and deep learning algorithms and models.
• PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
• 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
• Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
• PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics with specialization in speech recognition, policy-based learning, natural language processing or machine learning
• 5+ yrs. experience in building spoken language language processing systems (e.g. commercial speech products or government speech projects)
• Solid Machine Learning background and familiar with standard machine learning techniques
• Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
• Solid software development experience
• Good written and spoken communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top