- Seattle, WA
The Digital, Device & Alexa Support - Personalization & Analytics team is seeking an Applied Scientist to develop cutting-edge machine learning, NLP and statistical solutions to predict customer issues and better provide customer service. You will be responsible for researching and implementing innovative solutions that help Amazon provide the best possible customer service experience. We are looking for individuals with a passion for learning, researching, and deploying new technologies in a highly collaborative environment. We like to move fast, experiment, iterate and scale quickly, while thoughtfully balancing speed and quality.
• Drive collaborative research and creative problem solving
• Apply scientific concepts to real-world business problems
• Create experiments and prototype implementations of new learning algorithms and prediction techniques
• Collaborate with engineering teams to design and implement software solutions for science problems
• Constructively critique peer research and mentor junior scientists and engineers
• M.S. or Ph.D. in Machine Learning/NLP, Statistics, Computer Science or a similar quantitative field
• 1+ years experience with Python, R, Matlab or a similar programming language
• Track record of bringing state-of-the-art techniques into production
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and state-of-the-art techniques
• Proficient in a Linux/UNIX environment
• Experience with NLP/NLU methods and deep learning
• Track record of working with very large and complex real-world datasets
• Experience in data mining using SQL, ETL, data warehouse, etc.
• Comfortable with version control (e.g. git) in a collaborative environment
• Demonstrated research and development best practices in a team setting
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top