- Boston, MA
Ever wonder how you can keep the world's largest selection also the world's safest and legally compliant selection? Then come join a team with the charter to monitor and classify the billions of items in the Amazon catalog to ensure compliance with various legal regulations.
The Classification and Policy Platform team is looking for outstanding Senior Applied Scientists to build technology to automatically monitor the billions of products on the Amazon platform. The software and processes built by this team are a critical component of building a catalog that our customers trust.
You will have an opportunity to work with cutting edge machine learning algorithms on large datasets. You will need to build Amazon scale applications running on Amazon Cloud that both leverage and create new technologies to process large volumes of data that derive patterns and conclusions from the data.
We are looking for highly motivated applied scientists and engineers interested in delivering the next level of innovation to product search for Amazon. As an Applied Scientist on the CPP team, you will be responsible for working across backend, client, business development, and data engineering teams to coordinate deep-dives, inform roadmaps, visualize metrics, and create predictive models to determine how we can best serve our customers.
• Designing and implementing new features and machine learned models, including the application of state-of-art deep learning to solve search matching and ranking problems, including filtering, new content indexing, and apply document understanding
• Conducting and coordinating process development leading to improved and streamlined processes for model development. Strong customer focus is essential
• Working closely with Product Managers to expand depth of our product insights with data, create a variety of experiments, and determine the highest-impact projects to include in planning roadmaps
• Providing technical and scientific guidance to your team members
• Communicating effectively with senior management as well as with colleagues from science, engineering, and business backgrounds
• Being a cultural leader that ensures teams are collecting, understanding, and using data to inform every decision that impacts our customers
The successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, a start-up mentality, excellent project management skills, and great communication skills.
• PHD/MS. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
• At least 5+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis
• Proficiency in model development, model validation and model implementation.
• At least 2+ years hands on experience programming in R, Java, C#, C++ or other similar programming languages
• Hands on experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl
• Work well in a fast-moving team environment and effectively deliver technical implementations having complex dependencies and requirements.
• 7+ years of hands-on experience applying theoretical models in an applied environment
• Extensive knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, deep learning, Natural Language Processing, recommendation systems, dialogue systems, informational retrieval
• Significant peer reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences
• Proven track in leading, mentoring, and growing teams of scientists
• Experience with digital media, online advertising or retail
• Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
• Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top