Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) is looking for a motivated individual with strong numerical optimization and analytical skills to join our Planning and Forecasting team. We are looking for versatile and passionate scientists who want to develop industry leading technologies and set the bar for every other company. Your work will have a direct impact on the bottom line of our business while improving customer experience. Successful Research Scientists within this group are innovators who move fast, have an unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and are capable of breaking down complex problems and making data-driven decisions, based on a rapid test and learn approach, that best serve customers. If big data, cutting edge technologies, automation and building intelligent systems excite you, if you love to innovate and deliver results, then we want you to be on our team.
Amazon.com is a rapidly growing company. Because we are driven by faster delivery to customers, a more efficient supply chain network, and lower cost of operations, our main focus is in the development of automation, optimization and visualization tools fed by our massive amounts of available data. You will be responsible for building analytical tools that improve the economics of the fulfillment network as Amazon increases the speed and decreases the cost to deliver product to customers.
The successful candidate for this position will be capable of working with a variety of domain experts from transportation specialists to SDEs and business leaders to develop new capabilities. You are an individual with outstanding analytical abilities, excellent communication skills, and are comfortable working with technical teams and systems. You will be responsible for researching, experimenting, and analyzing strategies and mathematical models. You are comfortable prototyping solutions to validate your approaches into and after production.
- Use machine learning and mathematical modeling techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems
- Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of both structured and unstructured data to help automate and optimize key processes
- Design, experiment and evaluate highly innovative models for predictive learning
- Work closely with tech teams to drive real-time model experiments, implementations and new feature creations
- Work side by side with business operators to design the most innovative, relevant and effective methods to improve current workflows and lower overall costs
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Master's degree in Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related quantitative field
- 2+ years of industry experience developing and implementing algorithms applied to production systems or Ph.D. research in a relevant problem space
- Programming and prototyping skills (Java/C++ and R/MATLAB/Python)
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with both technical and business people. Ability to speak at a level appropriate for the audience.
- Statistical analysis, time series analysis, machine learning and data-modeling in a database environment
- Experience deploying algorithms into business operations with validation and correction of response
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top