Applied Science Manager
- Tel Aviv, Israel
External job description
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that's accessible to everyone. Ring is part of the Amazon Devices family, and is seeking an applied science manager who will help us create the next generation of home security. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As an Applied Science Manager Ring CV, you will be responsible for leading a worldwide team of scientists and engineers working on computer vision and machine learning solutions for millions of Ring customers. A successful candidate will have strong technical skills, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment
• Lead scientists and engineers on the team and oversee research and development projects at various stages ranging from initial exploration to deployment into production systems.
• Rapidly design, prototype and test many possible hypotheses in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative and business judgment.
• Collaborate with software engineering teams to integrate successful experiments into large scale, highly complex production services.
• Report results in a scientifically rigorous way.
• Interact with Camera/IQ engineers, product managers and related domain experts to dive deep into the types of challenges that we need innovative solutions for.
• Master's degree in Research, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or a closely related field.
• 5+ years related work experience in areas such as computer vision, data analytics, data modeling or machine learning.
• 3+ years of direct people management experience including duties such as performance evaluation and career development.
• Experience modeling and optimization techniques tailored to meet business needs and proven achievements in production systems.
• Experience as leader of a science team and developing junior members from academia/industry to a business environment.
• Knowledge of various machine learning techniques and key parameters that affect their performance
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ph.D. in Research, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or a closely related field.
• Experience with Camera and video systems.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities, especially with cross-disciplinary efforts.
• Project management experience.
• Experience with data engineers or business analysts in Big Data analytics.
• A good understanding of analysis of algorithms and computational complexity.
• Expertise in prototyping and scripting languages (e.g. Python) with applications of efficient large-scale data analysis in a complicated system.
Back to top