Applied Science Manager
- Cork, Ireland
"Amazon Science gives you insight into the company's approach to customer-obsessed scientific innovation. Amazon fundamentally believes that scientific innovation is essential to being the most customer-centric company in the world. It's the company's ability to have an impact at scale that allows us to attract some of the brightest minds in artificial intelligence and related fields. Our scientists continue to publish, teach, and engage with the academic community, in addition to utilizing our working backwards method to enrich the way we live and work."
Please visit https://www.amazon.science for more information
Do you want to join an innovative team of scientists and engineers who use machine learning and statistical techniques to create state-of-the-art solutions for providing better value to Amazon's customers? Do you want to build advanced algorithmic systems that help optimize millions of transactions every day? Are you excited by the prospect of analyzing and modeling terabytes of data to solve real world problems? Do you like to own end-to-end business problems/metrics and directly impact the profitability of the company? Do you like to innovate and simplify? If yes, then you may be a great fit to join the Machine Learning team for our India Consumer Businesses. The team builds the next generation of Machine Learning services for a wide spectrum of problems in areas such as Catalog Quality, Recommendations, Search Relevance, Online Ads, Pricing, Demand/Forecasting, and Conversational Systems.
The Manager, Machine Learning role at Amazon will be a technical team leader working to develop new challenging machine learning applications, services and platforms that optimize Amazon's systems using cutting edge quantitative techniques. This is one of the most exciting machine learning job opportunities on the internet today. If you have deep technical know how in machine learning, know how to deliver, are highly innovative, are passionate about leading and growing a team with a combination of applied scientists and engineers and are long for the opportunity to build solutions to challenging problems that directly impact the company's bottom-line, we want to talk to you.
• Has PhD or master degree in CS machine learning, Engineering, Statistics, Operations research or in a highly quantitative field
• 2+ years of experience managing analytics/software teams
• 2+ years of technical project management experience
• 5+ years of hands-on experience developing and implementing machine learning algorithms and models.
• Strong demonstrated skills implementing and deploying large scale machine learning applications and tools.
• Communication and data presentation skill
• Strong problem solving ability.
• Experience in deep learning algorithms/systems
• Programming experience in Java/C/C++
• Experience using any statistical software package such as R, SAS, Weka, etc
• Experience with use of Amazon Web Services and cloud computing technologies
• Experience with distributed systems for processing large data is a plus
• Familiar with Hadoop, Spark, Hive/Pig will be a plus.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Back to top