Applied Science Manager
- San Diego, CA
Amazon Science gives you insight into the company's approach to customer-obsessed scientific innovation. Amazon fundamentally believes that scientific innovation is essential to being the most customer-centric company in the world. It's the company's ability to have an impact at scale that allows us to attract some of the brightest minds in artificial intelligence and related fields. Our scientists continue to publish, teach, and engage with the academic community, in addition to utilizing our working backwards method to enrich the way we live and work.
Please visit https://www.amazon.science for more information.
Amazon.com's Buyer Risk Prevention's (BRP) mission is to make Amazon the safest and most trusted place worldwide to transact online. BRP safeguards every financial transaction across all Amazon sites. As such, BRP designs and builds the software systems, risk models, and operational processes that minimize risk and maximize trust in Amazon.com.
The Applied Science Manager role at Amazon is a technical team leader working to develop new challenging machine learning applications, services and platforms that optimize Amazon's systems using cutting edge quantitative techniques. This is one of the most exciting machine learning job opportunities on the internet today. If you have deep technical know-how in machine learning, know how to deliver, are highly innovative, are passionate about leading and growing a team and long for the opportunity to build solutions to challenging problems that directly impact the company's bottom-line, we want to talk to you.
• A PhD in CS machine learning, Engineering, Statistics, Operations research or in a highly quantitative field
• 4+ years of hands-on experience developing and implementing machine learning algorithms and models. Strong demonstrated skills implementing and deploying large scale machine learning applications and tools.
• 2+ years of experience managing analytics/software teams
• 2+ years of technical project management experience
• Hands-on experience in solution design, programming and prototyping for predictive analytics applications
• Communication and data presentation skills
• Problem solving ability.
• Programming experience in Java/C/C++/Python
• Experience with use of Amazon Web Services and cloud computing technologies
• Experience with distributed systems for processing large data is a plus
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to think creatively and solve problems
Back to top