Applied Science Internship - Computer Vision, Machine Learning
- Haifa, Israel
Please note this is a general description for different teams and candidates are not supposed to lean towards all the fields specified in the description below, one specialization is enough.
Are you a MS or PhD student interested in a 2021 Applied Science Internship in the fields of Speech, Robotics, Computer Vision, Machine Learning/Deep Learning, or Big Data?
Do you enjoy diving deep into hard technical problems and coming up with solutions that enable successful products that improve the lives of people in a meaningful way?
If this describes you, come join our research teams at Amazon. As an Applied Science Intern, you will have access to large datasets with billions of images and video to build large-scale machine learning systems. Additionally, you will analyze and model terabytes of text, images, and other types of data to solve real-world problems and translate business and functional requirements into quick prototypes or proofs of concept.
Ideally, you are enrolled in a PhD program, have strong CS foundations, solid programming skills, and have already published at a peer-reviewed conference. Especially relevant, if your field of expertise is Information Retrieval, Applied/Theoretical Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Recommender Systems, Speech, or Artificial Intelligence.
Across our offices in Israel (Tel Aviv and Haifa) we have internship opportunities in a variety of research teams, such as Alexa Shopping, Amazon Go or Lab 126.
• Enrolled in a Master's or Ph.D. degree in engineering, computer science, machine learning, operations research, statistics, or related fields.
• Familiar with the core undergraduate curriculum of computer science.
• Experience in designing experiments and statistical analysis of results.
• Experience in understanding and ability to implement algorithms using both toolkits and self-developed code.
• Experience with Java, C++, Python or other programming languages.
• Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
• Enrolled in Ph.D. degree in engineering, computer science, machine learning, operations research, statistics, or related fields.
• Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
• Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals.
• Knowledge of AI-related technologies (e.g., Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, Computer Vision) and cloud technologies (e.g., AWS)
Want to know more about our opportunities? Visit our Student Events page to register for one of our upcoming virtual events: https://amazonstudentevents.splashthat.com/careers
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Applicants who apply for this job will allow Amazon to process your application in a centralized hiring system that considers you for other similar openings as well
Back to top