Applied Science Intern - Speech Technologies, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics, Automated Reasoning
- Seattle, WA
Are you a MS or PhD student interested in a 2021 Graduate Research Internship in the fields of Speech, Robotics, Computer Vision, or Machine Learning /Deep Learning?
Do you enjoy diving deep into hard technical problems and coming up with solutions that enable successful products that improve the lives of people in a meaningful way?
If this describes you, come join our research teams at Amazon. As a Graduate Research Intern, you will have access to large datasets with billions of images and video to build large-scale machine learning systems. Additionally, you will analyze and model terabytes of text, images, and other types of data to solve real-world problems and translate business and functional requirements into quick prototypes or proofs of concept
We are looking for smart scientists capable of using a variety of domain expertise combined with machine learning and statistical techniques to invent, design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art solutions for never-before-solved problems.
Machine Learning Science:
Amazon has multiple positions available for Machine Learning Scientists in Seattle, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, Pittsburgh, and Cupertino.
A few of the teams that are hiring include:
• Amazon AI
• Product Graph
• Amazon Search
• Automated Reasoning
Speech and Language Technology:
We are hiring in all areas of spoken language understanding: ASR, NLP, NLU, text-to-speech (TTS), and Dialog Management. Amazon has multiple positions available for Speech Scientists across North America we are currently hiring in Seattle, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, Pittsburgh, and Cupertino.
A few of the teams that are hiring currently include:
• Alexa ML
• Alexa Brain
• Amazon AI (AWS AI)
• CS Technology
Computer Vision and Robotics:
Amazon has multiple positions available for Computer Vision Scientists in locations such as Seattle/Bellevue, California Bay-Area, Southern California, Boston-Metro, New York, and Pittsburgh.
We are currently hiring for multiple teams including:
• Visual Search
• Amazon AI (AWS Rekognition)
• Amazon Go
• Amazon Robotics
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $55.23 - $58.85/hr. Fulltime interns working longer than 90 days will be eligible for access to a medical benefit, and can enroll in a 401k on Day 1 if age 18. Interns will also have access to paid time off. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
• Enrolled in a Master's or Ph.D. degree in engineering, computer science, machine learning, operations research, statistics, or related fields.
• Experience in designing experiments and statistical analysis of results.
• Experience in understanding and ability to implement algorithms using both toolkits and self-developed code.
• Experience with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, MATLAB, Python, or similar scripting language.
• Enrolled in Ph.D. degree in engineering, computer science, machine learning, operations research, statistics, or related fields.
• Familiar with the core undergraduate curriculum of computer science.
• Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
• Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals.
• Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
Back to top