Applied Organizational Researcher
- Seattle, WA
The Organizational Research and Measurement (ORM) Team within World Wide Consumer guides the talent strategy for Amazon's largest workforce. Our team develops science-based solutions across the employee lifecycle onboarding new employees through personalized learning plans; identifying and developing high-potential talent; and providing insights to inform talent engagement, movement, retention, and attrition. WW Consumer is comprised of over one million Amazon global employees across order fulfillment, transportation, corporate, consumer, and customer service organizations.
ORM is seeking to hire an applied researcher to consult and manage projects across technical and non-technical roles. This employee will conduct studies and work with cross-functional teams to design and experiment with new talent management solutions that predict success within highly complex roles across Amazon. This employee will be equal parts researcher, consultant, and product developer.
• Lead and support the development of data informed success profiles for current and new roles in WW Consumer.
• Design research methodologies to identify and define characteristics of performance and potential.
• Influence executive project sponsors, business leaders, and development teams across Amazon.
• Partner with internal and external technology teams to develop and execute solutions.
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, and collaboration across multiple stakeholder groups.
• Ensure cleanliness, management, and accuracy of large and complex data sets.
• Perform different statistical/quantitative analyses using multiple software solutions.
• Complete coding activities required to obtain, merge, analyze, and report organizational data.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 12 affinity groups (employee resource groups) with more than 87,000 employees across hundreds of chapters around the world. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which reminds team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It isn't about which hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
• Master's degree in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Operations Research, Assessment & Measurement, Statistics, Machine Learning, or related field.
• 2-4 years of relevant experience in job analysis, organizational research, consulting, and statistical analysis.
• Foundational skills in conducting experimental research studies and data analysis.
• Proficiency in R and SQL
• Able to work in a diverse team
• PhD in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Operations Research, Assessment & Measurement, Statistics, Machine Learning, or related field.
• 5+ years of relevant experience in organizational research, consulting, and statistical analysis.
• Experience working with cross-functional technical teams.
• Proven skills in experimental research design.
• Strong quantitative analytical abilities.
• Proficiency in Python
• Flexibility to ambiguous, complex, and fast-paced work environment.
• A passion for continuous learning and self-development.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top