Application Security Engineer, AWS Elemental
- Portland, OR
AWS Elemental, an Amazon Web Services company, is the leading supplier of software-defined video solutions for multiscreen content delivery. AWS Elemental empowers the delivery of premium content to consumers. Flexible software gives customers the freedom to architect next-generation media workflows on-premises, in virtual instances, or in the cloud. As the leader in software-defined video solutions, AWS Elemental powers video infrastructure for top-tier media franchises worldwide and helps pay TV operators, content programmers, broadcasters, and enterprise customers bring video content to any screen, anytime all at once.
The AWS Network Security Organization Threat and Vulnerability Management (NSO-TVM) team is looking for an experienced engineer with software development and security engineering expertise to join us as an Application Security Engineer. In this role, you will drive security improvements to the cutting-edge technology underlying the AWS Elemental service and infrastructure. Additionally, you will be responsible for setting direction for security tools for use in design, development, and deployment of AWS Elemental products. You will serve as a subject matter expert for software developers and security engineers throughout AWS Elemental. You will research new techniques, vulnerabilities, and attack vectors in these components to proactively improve AWS Elemental's security posture. Finally, you will apply your security and business knowledge to drive secure and pragmatic improvements across AWS Elemental, all while making technical trade-offs between short- and long-term security and business goals.
AWS leads and innovates. We don't just buy off-the-shelf software or follow others. We research and pursue the best approach for the business, whether that's building new solutions or leveraging existing ones. Amazon Web Services, and the Network Security Organization in particular, operate at massive scale and as a result, demand the highest standards, passion, and discipline for information security and software engineering. A high level of ownership and accountability is a must for this role.
Location preference is Portland, Oregon, but Minneapolis, Minnesota and Seattle, Washington candidates will also be considered.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years of experience in software security, software architecture, security engineering, or similar discipline
• Experience with tools used to perform Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) or Static Application Security Testing (SAST)
• Hands-on experience writing software to solve security issues
• Relevant industry certifications (CISSP, SANS/GIAC, CompTIA, Microsoft, Linux, AWS)
• Experience leading large-scale software security projects
• Experience running high-availability systems with an emphasis on operational excellence
• Deep knowledge of software development practice, distributed computing, and AWS products
• Excellent communication and data presentation skills that allow you to clearly, compellingly, and effectively influence audiences internally and externally, across organization boundaries
• Able to operate autonomously, making the right judgment calls on approach, priorities, and solutions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top