Application Migrations Consultant - Telco
- Iaşi, Romania
Have you migrated telecom to the ? Have you led large, complex and modernization programs? Are you able to engage in executive conversations on how telecom operators can achieve greater agility, efficiency, and sustained competitive advantage by migrating and modernizing to the ?
At , we're searching for Senior for Telecom to join the Global Telecom Practice in the Professional Services (ProServe) organization. This Senior will engage with telecom customer around the globe and provide deep business and technical expertise to help customers and partners design, architect, and implement large and modernization programs. We are seeking outcome driven and customer obsessed professionals with a balance of deep technical skills, business expertise, who are passionate about:
• Creating, articulating, and positioning an innovative and compelling vision and value proposition for customers to migrate and modernize to the .
• Collaborating across and partner teams to drive and shape solutions that accelerate customer's business outcomes.
• Working with large scale networks, compute, and storage architectures to help remove roadblocks in customer projects.
An ideal candidate will be able to:
• Maintain C-level relationships with clients, stakeholders, boardrooms, and peers becoming the "trusted advisor".
• Lead and perform readiness assessment and planning engagements.
• Guide customers to select the best technical approach (ex. re-host, re-platform, re-factor, and others) and formulate an effective strategy.
• Apply a range of discovery, workload profiling, schema conversion, and live and off-line tools
• Create detailed plans, estimate efforts, and define the required project team for large programs. Translate these into professional services proposals.
• Work with telecom technology, business, and finance teams to create ROI and cash flow analyses required to justify .
• Understand and mitigate risks faced by telecom technical, operational, and business stakeholders. This includes understanding how to minimize disruptions to marketing, sales, customer support, and operations.
• Lead and work with cross-functional teams to evaluate, provide insight ,and drive strategic outcomes that have the greatest impact customers
• Work in a complex global organizations spanning multiple business units
• BS level technical degree or equivalent professional or military experience
• Experience with Continuous and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
• Exposure to Agile development methodologies
• Experience in and re-platforming mission critical databases
• Experience in open source databases such as and .
• Experience in architecting highly available, resilient, fault tolerant systems that utilize load balancing, and horizontal & vertical scaling.
• Advanced degrees in engineering, computer science, business, or relevant fields of study.
• AWS certifications.
• Agile certifications.
Explore all AWS Professional Services roles available, meet our team members and get prepared for your interviews via link: https://emea-resources.awscloud.com/aws-emea-careers-hubs/aws-professional-services
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Back to top