Are you a migrations expert who has experience with executing large-scale migrations from on-premises to the AWS Cloud? Would you like to work with our customers to help them plan, prepare and execute large-scale migrations and leverage the benefits of the AWS Cloud? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing to do big new things faster and at lower cost? Do you want to be part of history and transform businesses through cloud computing adoption? Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects that use the newest application technologies? Would you like a career path that enables you to progress with the rapid adoption of cloud computing?
At AWS, we are hiring the best hands-on migration experts, who can help our clients and partners migrate their business-critical applications to take advantage of the global scale, elasticity, automation and high-availability features of the AWS cloud. Our consultants will collaborate with partner and client teams to determine migration strategies, build migration business cases, analyze application portfolios, perform application assessments, develop migration plans, design migration processes, implement migration tools, support the migration execution, and ensure operational integration. These professional services engagements will focus on leading our customers through large-scale migration programs using the AWS migration methodology, AWS migration services and AWS tools such as AWS Migration Hub, AWS Application Discovery Service and AWS Database Migration Service.
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
• Several years of experience in leading large-scale migration programs with hands-on expertise in two or more of the following domains: migration strategy design, migration business case creation, application portfolio analysis, application assessment, migration process design, migration tool implementation, migration execution, or operational integration.
• Multiple years of experience as a technical specialist in customer-facing roles
• Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
• Good experience with agile project management methodologies
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
• Experience in a program management role or similar
• Experience with migrating applications from on-premises to the AWS Cloud
• Hands-on experience with deploying and using migration tools (e.g. CloudEndure, Carbonite Migrate, Zerto, VMware HCX)
• Exposure to the AWS platform and its compute, storage, networking and migration services
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math
• Understanding of virtualization technologies and system architectures that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
• Presenting at public events such as technology conferences, hackathons, etc.
• Experience working directly with customers and partners
Explore all AWS Professional Services roles available, meet our team members and get prepared for your interviews via link: https://emea-resources.awscloud.com/aws-emea-careers-hubs/aws-professional-services
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.