Application Engineer - Varicent Software
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud ("Cloud Computing"). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services - gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
Companies all over the world rely on our storage, compute, and virtualized services. Our success depends on our world-class selling and field teams, and these teams rely on the Worldwide Revenue Operations (WWRO) team to power their activities. We're handling massive scale, providing data that drives the AWS business internally, and delivering products and services to help our Amazon Web Service selling teams.
The WWRO team is looking for an experienced Application Engineer to play a key role in expanding the capabilities of our mission-critical Incentive Compensation Management (ICM) application. In addition to requiring a high level of technical expertise, this role is about understanding the needs of the business and how to transform this information into technical solutions that allow the business to make swift, informed decisions. Ideal candidates will have expertise in all phases of application development life cycle in building models that scale over time while balancing accuracy, flexibility, and speed. The successful candidate will be passionate about their work, self-motivated, detail oriented and have excellent problem solving abilities. They will deal with highly ambiguous problems, take responsibility for finding solutions, and will drive towards simple solutions to complex problems.
- Design, build, maintain, and extend data models within Varicent Incentive Compensation Management (ICM) platform.
- Analyze requirements, plan and design system tables / components using techniques, such as structured analysis, data modeling and information engineering.
- Plan and execute appropriate testing (e.g. test plans, test cases, and test scripts) to comprehensively test assigned enhancements to business applications.
- Review and analyze application performance, to provide enhancement recommendations and process improvements.
- Provide risk assessment for new functionality and enhancements.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
• 4+ years previous experience implementing end-to-end sales performance management solutions, including system configuration, model building, security, and reporting.
• Experience implementing enterprise-level applications for Incentive Compensation Management (Varicent ICM, Xactly, Optymyze, etc.)
• Master's degree in Information Systems, Computer , Electrical Engineer or related discipline.
• Quick learner with a positive attitude and professional demeanor, and strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
• Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
• An excellent business partner who maintains a positive attitude in the midst of competing deliverables.
• Familiarity with services such as EC2 and S3.
• Experience working with large-scale, complex datasets
• Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Perl, Java, etc)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top