How often have you had an opportunity to be an early member of a team that is tasked with solving a huge customer need through disruptive and innovative technology?
The Team: WW Operations Finance is poised for a revolution. Historically, automation and technical infusion has taken a back-seat to important financial functions such as controllership, financial oversight, risk mitigation, and strong investment analysis. Finance is set to be the Chief Story Tellers, and along the way inject machine learning, BI, advanced analytics and technical tools built to suit finance and business needs. To get there, the Financial Systems and Analytics Team (FSAT) is seeking an Application Engineer to help lead a flagship multi-year project to inject automated planning and reporting, predictive forecasting, and help shape an end UI, built on the AWS Data Lake. We are the tech team that supports WW Amazon Operations one of the fastest growing, largest and most complex Supply Chains in the world. This position requires a high level of technical expertise within IBM Cognos TM1/Planning Analytics.
On the FSAT team, you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. To support this quickly growing business, you must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for analytics and accountability, setting high standards, and razor-sharp accuracy. We take working hard, having fun, and making history seriously you should too!
• Collaborate with business users, development teams, and operation engineering teams to tackle business requirements and deliver against high operational standards of system availability and reliability
• Dive deep to resolve problems at their root, looking for failure patterns and suggesting fixes
• Prepare runbooks, methods of procedures, tutorials, training videos on best practices for the team
• Build monitoring dashboards and creation of critical alarms for the system
• Build and enhance software to extend system, application, or tool functionality to improve business processes and meet end user needs while working within the overall system architecture
• Diagnose and resolve operational issues, perform detailed root cause analysis, respond to suggestions for enhancements, and create detailed recommendations for solutions to problems that impact code owned by another group
• Identify process improvement opportunities to drive innovation
• Rotational on-call availability for critical systems support
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• 5+ years of relevant IBM Cognos TM1/Planning Analytics experience including system configuration, model building and developing reports or dashboards with TM1 • Relevant corporate finance experience exhibiting knowledge of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting functions and related processes • Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Mathematics or other technical discipline
• Demonstrated history of problem solving, financial acumen, and business collaborating skills • Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment • Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly • Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a customer focused, professional demeanor • Strong scripting skills, e.g., Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc. • Familiarity with other IBM software products, including Command Center, SPSS • Experience with design & delivery of formal training curriculum and programs • Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Visio, and SharePoint • Project management, scoping, reporting, and scheduling experience a plus • Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics, or a related discipline