The Amazon Physical Stores Business Intelligence Team is chartered to manage the Central Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence platform for Physical Stores businesses supporting Product, Tech, Retail, Research, Supply Chain and Operations functions. We manage the data and business intelligence platform for businesses such as Amazon Go, Amazon Fresh Stores, and Amazon Bookstores globally with an ever expanding scope to help our businesses deliver exceptional CX to our customers.
Amazon Physical Stores Business Intelligence team is looking for a seasoned Application Support Engineer, who has strong hands-on experience in managing incidents, operational issues and driving operational excellence for large-scale services/systems. This job requires you to constantly hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks that will define your success. Some of the key job functions of the application support engineer are listed below.
• Provide first level of support for handling tickets, operational issues from production services
• Provide engineering support of our incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting and debugging, with responsibilities covering multiple product lines.
• Software deployment support in staging and production environments.
• Work on maintenance driven coding projects, primarily in Python or shell scripts, web technologies, and Java based projects.
• Read and understand complex application code and make code fixes to resolve support issues
• Develop tools and automate manual operational tasks and easy maintenance of our services.
• Build monitoring metrics dashboard, and report System health and Support status metrics.
• Work with remote development (Seattle/London) teams for handing-off or taking over active support issues and to create a team specific knowledge base and skill set.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• 2+ years overall development/technical support experience.
• Proven track record in working on enterprise level large scale n-tier applications
• Development Experience in C/Java or open source based technologies. Understanding of XML/SOAP, web services, web application development, and industry-standard commerce systems.
• Demonstrated experience in Python or shell scripts, a sound understanding of web technologies.
• Detailed knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system and tools
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues in complex Enterprise Level applications.
• Demonstrated skill and passion for problem solving and operational excellence.
• Experience dealing effectively with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure
• Effective prioritization and time management
• Knowledge of best current practice frameworks (ITIL, COBIT), particularly incident, problem and change management
• Confidence to drive and manage large conference calls
• Understanding of routing protocols to help facilitate troubleshooting and remediation of networking issues
• Working knowledge of a compiled language
• Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
• Effective organizational skills to maintain a consistently high standard of operations in a busy environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability /Veteran