Amazon.com is looking for talented and enthusiastic Application Engineers to join the Digital Content Platform team. The Digital Content Platform team owns services supporting ingestion and purchase of Digital content, including Kindle EBooks, Amazon AppStore for Android, Amazon MP3, and Amazon Instant Video.
We are building a unique new team in digital that will play a significant role in the direction of the digital business going forward. Our team is designed to enable clients to onboard onto the digital platform. This role is a significant departure from a typical support/application engineering role, and provides many opportunities to interact with various businesses and development teams around the digital organization.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Working with development teams to design, develop, and investigate new use cases on the digital platform
- Building tools to simplify and automate the onboarding process for new clients
- Building documentation to aid developers in their onboarding
- Building configurations to launch new business initiatives
- No oncall support or pager rotation
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
- 4-7 years overall development/technical support experience (less with Master's Degree)
- Knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system
- Knowledge of Java based technologies
- Understanding of XML/SOAP, web services, workflow modeling, web application development, and industry-standard commerce systems
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues
- Ability to write intermediate level SQL queries
- Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence
- Experience in a 24/7 production environment
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top