The Amazon Corporate Applications Business Intelligence team is looking for a rock star Application Engineer to drive the growth and adoption of Business Intelligence reporting tools. You will support critical business functions for customers across the world while meeting tough uptime SLAs and ensuring robust system performance. You will be obsessed with delivering superior service to your customers and will truly own the system. You will work together with a Senior Data Engineer, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. This position requires knowledge of the Datawarehousing and ETL concepts
Typical tasks and responsibilities
- Design, implement, and support a platform providing secured access to large datasets.
- Model data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Tune application and query performance using Unix profiling tools and SQL.
- Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- Respond to high priority requests from senior business leaders.
- Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know when, how, and which to use and which not to use.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for secondary datasets
The ideal candidate would have outstanding business acumen, a restlessness to answer "why?" questions, excellent analytical abilities, strong technical skills, superior written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams. S/he would be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail), and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Work closely with Customer Support teams and the broader BI community.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in business intelligence role, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology, or experience in analytics, business analysis or comparable consumer analytics solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or related discipline.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and Linux OS
- Good knowledge of data warehousing concepts.
- Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools. (OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, MicroStrategy etc.)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Knowledge of Big Data Solutions. Experience with Hadoop, Hive or Pig.
- Knowledge of Java/Python
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top