Amazon APAC-Emerging countries Marketing team is looking for a seasoned professional to lead new marketplace launches and lifecycle programs. This high visibility and business critical role will drive strategic thinking and coordinate execution to launch the next phase of new marketplaces for Amazon across Asia Pacific and Latin America regions. This role will also be responsible for:
• Define and execute the Go-To-Market plan for the launch of marketing and prime in new countries, working closely with retail, automated marketing, and Prime teams.
• Define and execute Prime member acquisition and early engagement plans in emerging and new countries, including building cross-benefit engagement (shipping to streaming, and vice versa).
• Define and execute new-to-Amazon customer acquisition and engagement programs in emerging countries
• Lead and develop a team of product and marketing managers to achieve and execute marketing and prime launches in new marketplaces and fuel their growth going forward.
• Interface directly with central teams across Marketing, Prime, Finance, Retail and tech, and work closely with 7+ in-country teams on an ongoing basis driving leverage, project prioritization, and cross-team execution to drive results.
• Leading critical projects across customer lifecycle to drive growth for emerging marketplaces.
In this role, a successful candidate must be customer obsessed, collaborative and combine an ability to think big and execute quickly. While planning for long-term and scalable solutions, you will be quick to experiment, iterate and react to the business and customers' needs basing your decisions on data. More specifically, you will:
• Leverage customer insights and business needs to build campaigns (e.g.: marketplace launch campaigns) and identify new opportunities (e.g.: build new channels, such as social media and influencers) to drive awareness and demand.
• Collaborate with external and internal partners to create programs, experiences and content achieving your goals (Creative & Design, PR, Agencies, Legal and Category management).
• Deliver your programs to our customers in partnership with media, Prime, and in-country teams.
• Forecast and measure your programs' impact in partnership with finance, insights, and measurement teams.
• Author multiple documents relating to your program recommendation, execution and optimization.
• Establish the right processes and mechanisms to empower your team to execute and optimize flawlessly and efficiently.
• MBA in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field
• 12+ years of experience in consumer marketing, lifecycle management, brand management or product management.
• A Successful candidate would be a seasoned marketer with deep marketing knowledge, broad experience across a wide span of disciplines including strategy, media, Customer acquisition & engagement, and/or product marketing.
• Experience developing and implementing marketing plans that drive customer demand.
• Experience delivering results for large, cross-functional initiatives while managing multiple competing priorities.
• Experience operating both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment. Strong quantitative/analytical skills
• Experience use data and insights to develop and measure marketing programs.
• Experience in leading a team and working across functional and organizational boundaries.
• MBA or Master's degree in marketing or product management field.
• 5+ years of experience in retail or ecommerce.
• 3+ years of people management experience.
• Strong analytical capability - Use data to develop, optimize and measure marketing programs.