The Anti-DDoS team is the frontline defense for all DDoS threats world-wide, against all Amazon & AWS customers and services. Our architecture must be highly scalable, performant, and continually evolve against threats as they emerge.
The Anti-DDoS team is looking for software engineers to solve incredibly challenging low-level networking problems, deliver new capabilities, and continue to scale our platform to meet the increasing needs of our customers world-wide. The ideal candidate has strong technical background in computer networking and systems-level (e.g. C/C++) programming experience. Knowledge of DPDK is a definite plus!
Candidates who enjoy computer networking, deep packet analysis, low-level, performance sensitive, systems programming and have deep analytical skills and excellent communication skills will find the Anti-DDoS team to be inline with their interests and desire for challenge. You must be able to highly collaborate, be creative, analytical and thrive in fast-paced environments, all while interacting with highly technical software and networking development teams.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
• Master's degree in a technology related field (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics) or 5 years of equivalent experience
• Proficiency with networking concepts and protocols including IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP, ICMP and BGP
• Experience with DPDK or developing / using NIC Hardware Offloads. Existing experience solving for DDoS threats.
• Experience designing and building high throughput networking systems
• Proven success in delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment
• Experience building complex and distributed software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Demonstrated experience as a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and effectively influence across cross functional teams
• Entrepreneurial spirit, with track record for delivering results in fast-moving and demanding environments
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.