Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
As an Antenna Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to conceive and design innovative phased array antennas. You will work closely with Project Kuiper's various sub-teams and engage third party suppliers in order to drive key aspects of product definition, design, optimization, implementation and test.
In this role, you will be responsible for the development and integration of advanced phased array system into products, including:
• Work with a cross-functional team, define antenna requirements
• Define antenna concepts and requirements during product definition
• Develop tools for antenna performance analysis in larger systems
• Build and test active phased array prototypes and front-end circuits
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• BS degree in EE with some RF and antenna coursework or research, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience of research and/or development in antenna design
• 1+ years of experience in programming in Matlab, Python or C++
• Experience with one of the mainstream antenna simulation tools (CST, HFSS,...)
• MSc or PhD in EE with RF- or antenna-related thesis research
• Strong foundations in antennas: Impedance matching, theoretical and practical limitations of antennas
• Strong foundation in mathematics and physics
• Experience in development of computational tools
• 1+ year of design experience RF building blocks such as filters, hybrids, combiners
• Experience with active RF circuits and front-end design
• Experience in phased array development
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us