Amazon is looking for an Android Software Engineer to join the Amazon Care team. We are a passionate project team working to build a best in class healthcare designed to make high-quality healthcare easy to access.
As an Android Software Engineer, you will be working with the team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborating with cross-functional teams. We are looking for an engineer with expertise in modern Android application and a passion for building pixel-perfect user experiences. An ideal candidate will partner with senior engineers to and build new features that are built to delight customers and utilize Android best practices. You have an eye towards quality, and insist on the highest standards. You build prototypes to explore options and drive to the best solution with a close , , and engineering partnership.
• Partner with senior engineers, designers and teams in order to and build new features.
• Design new, secure, and reliable features that drive real-time data, video, and audio solutions.
• Utilize modern Android patterns.
• Code defensively against a large variety of operating systems and devices.
• Build pixel-perfect user experiences.
• Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
• Propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes that are used by the entire Android team for .
• Engage with the Android community across Amazon and Seattle to share learnings and grow.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 3+ years experience building complex Android applications
• Core Competency in object-oriented programming
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Experience architecting complex Android applications utilizing modern frameworks and patterns. We would love to hear about apps you've developed
• Experience building features that drive real-time data, video, and audio solutions
• Understanding of software principles and computer science fundamentals
• Experience designing and integrating with RESTful APIs at scale
• Passion for cutting edge technologies, drive, and ability to quickly learn new concepts
• Prior experience working for a consumer Internet company
Additional Locations Include: Austin, TX; Vancouver B.C; Arlington, VA.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit. https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.