- Newark, NJ
Do you like watching movies and TV shows with family and friends? Are you excited about building a new engaging entertaining experience for millions of customers? Prime Video Global engagement team is building new co-viewing experiences to connect customers in a socially distant world.
You get to be on the ground floor of expanding co-viewing experiences by building critical components for features that will last for many years to come. You will have the opportunity to work on new customer facing mobile and device experiences that bring a new experience for Prime Video customers.
To be successful, you will need to be flexible and entrepreneurial. You work on big, creative ideas, and you are hands on with incremental features. You are a true owner - you care about the customer experience deeply and you care about the long term sustainability of the product just as deeply. You create extensible design and easy to maintain solutions with the long term vision in mind. You have a passion for building customer facing experiences on existing or emerging mobile and living room devices. You will be highly motivated to work independently on varying codebases spanning multiple device platforms.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years experience in Android mobile engineering.
• Highly independent and motivated to work on dependency codebases.
• Experience establishing mobile best practices within your team
• Experience in test automation of mobile SDKs
• Experience integrating with REST APIs
• Knowledge and experience of server-side technologies
• Experience or desire in working on iOS mobile engineering is a plus
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top