Android Engineer - Amazon Ring
- Cambridge, United Kingdom
Ring has a mission to make neighbourhoods safer. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that's accessible to everyone. Now Ring is part of the Amazon Devices family, and are seeking engineers who will help us create the next generation of home security.
As an Android Software Development Engineer at Ring, you will be responsible for developing next-generation mobile apps that interact seamlessly with our devices and delight our customers. We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Engineer who has experience building world-class mobile apps. You will have the opportunity to contribute your creative ideas and energy, working with world-class experts, distributed cloud systems and next-generation camera and home security devices.
• Be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of our Android mobile applications
• Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
• Lead architecture and design of new features, from conception to launch
• Help to improve engineering processes and tools to increase team effectiveness
• Be part of an agile development process to deliver high-quality software
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• Mobile application development experience with Android
• Development experience in Java and Kotlin environments
• Experience with Android frameworks
• Experience applying computer science fundamentals in data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience communicating technical problems to both technical and business audiences verbally and in writing
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• Deep understanding of agile principles and exposure to various process implementations
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
• Experience with Reactive programming frameworks such as Rx
• Experience optimising apps for performance
• Experience writing testable code and automating test regressions
• Experience with deployments to the Play Store
• Experience with REST architecture for web services
• Knowledge of video streaming technologies (H.264/WebRTC/SDP/SIP/RTP)
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
Ring LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top