At Ring, we are inspired to advance our mission to help make neighborhoods safer. As an Android Engineer for the Ring team, you will help shape the vision, design, roadmap and development of the Ring App. This role involves design, architecture, implementation of customer experiences to bring our neighbors the best possible experience. You will be given the opportunity to shape the technical direction of features. You will work with extraordinary talent and have the opportunity to hire and shape the team to best execute on the product.
• 3+ years of experience with object-oriented design
• 2+ years of professional non-internship experience with front end, web or mobile software development
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of application development experience with Android
• 3+ years of development experience in Java and Kotlin environments
• 3+ years of experience with Android frameworks
• 3+ years of experience applying computer science fundamentals in data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience in mobile design patterns (MVVM, MVI, VIPER), building mobile frameworks / SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance (Instruments)
• Experience writing testable code and automating test regressions
• Experience with multi-module application in a large distributed team environment
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
• Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining an Android app
• Experience with REST architecture for web services
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
• Experience communicating technical problems to both technical and business audiences verbally and in writing
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors App, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visitwww.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.