Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, personable, and detail-oriented Analyst Relations (AR) Manager to help drive its Retail/Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) AR program. The AR Manager will create and drive strategy and tactics to effectively communicate key differentiators for AWS services and industry solutions.
The AWS cloud computing platform is used today by millions of businesses and developers around the world, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 50 enterprises. Cloud computing is arguably one of the most impactful developments in technology within the last 20 years. AWS is a pioneer and leader in the fast growing field of cloud computing. Because of this, there are thousands of analysts worldwide who are trying to understand AWS to then help their clients realize the transformation potential of cloud computing for their business. Our role is to inform these analysts and explain how AWS is different from traditional IT infrastructure offerings, and to work with these analysts to understand core customer requirements and concerns.
The successful candidate will be creative and experienced in analyst relations/communications with a successful track for technology companies. The right candidate possesses analyst experience and a track-record of demonstrating successful AR program management focused on key industry verticals this includes the ability to quickly understand technically deep topics, successfully deliver on numerous collaborative projects, and manage day-to-day operations related to program activities in a global organization. In this role, the candidate will have a direct opportunity to innovate AWS AR programs and measurement of results via new approaches. They must be comfortable with balancing strategic thinking with tactical, detailed execution while working independently, sorting through ambiguously defined problems, and identifying market challenges and opportunities for our customers.
Position will be located in an Amazon/AWS U.S. Corp office based in the following locations: Seattle, WA (HQ); Arlington, VA (HQ2); Phoenix, AZ; San Francisco, CA; Irvine, CA; Chicago, IL; Minneapolis, MN; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Austin, TX; Nashville, TN; New York, NY; Boston, MA; Atlanta, GA; only. Relocation offered from within the US only to these locations.
Role and Responsibilities
• Develop and execute Global Retail/CPG AR program to educate the analyst community.
• Proactively manage vendor ratings, and secure positive placement of AWS services in key reports
• Drive analyst awareness of AWS Retail/CPG offerings and significantly expand analyst understanding of the unique AWS approach to cloud computing
• Deliver on-going AR program activities such as analyst briefings, events, inquiries, reporting and other core program tactics
• Prioritize and manage incoming requests for information, research review, customer references, event speakers, and research
• Write presentations and prepare AWS executives for engaging with analysts
• Driving alignment with sales, marketing and product teams to maximize awareness of customer requirements, existing market evidence, and AR program impact
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• BS/BA degree in marketing, business, or equivalent related experience.
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• 7+ years of communications experience (AR/PR/Marketing)
• 3+ years of experience in the Retail or Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industries
• Previous experience in cloud computing via product programs or a marketing role
• Passion for working in a lean, fast-paced organization, and desire to own and refine key operational processes
• Ability to adapt to a fast-changing and evolving role
• Desire to grow with the team and take on additional responsibilities
• Natural tendency to invent, simplify, and take innovative approach to AR
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Clearly understand technology and can abstract business/solution value
• Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership
• Able to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment
• Creative thinker with bias for action
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Benefits overview: https://amazon.jobs/en/internal/landing_pages/benefitsoverview-us