At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Operations is at the heart of what we do, delivering millions of packages each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world. Amazon is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to help lead and oversee critical functions for Amazon Logistics our rapidly expanding internal delivery operation, purpose-built to achieve and exceed the delivery quality and speed demands of Amazon customers.
A Senior Financial Analyst for Amazon Logistics will be the finance leader for disruptive new transportation initiatives, with a focus on business partnering, strategic decision support, financial controllership and cost reduction. Leading a team of analysts, this person will partner with multiple stakeholders to provide timely analysis, insightful guidance, and financial leadership to this high-growth organization. This role requires extensive cross-functional partnership with various retail, transportation, and finance teams to identify best practices across the network and lead cost improvement efforts. The manager will also lead long term strategic planning, annual planning, variance analysis for monthly/quarterly business reviews, and ad-hoc projects and analysis as needed.
• Proven ability to develop strategic relationships with your business partners you influence the decisions. You can root cause issues quickly and uncover core issues using data, then assist, consult with, and teach the business how decisions affect costs in their sites and create new mechanisms as they are needed
• Manage others, develop exceptional talent, and encourage your team to challenge assumptions
• Expertise in collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful analyses to lead business improvement and cost reductions
• Recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability
• Create a "learn by doing" environment by engaging with on-the-floor associates and managers to promote and encourage continued customer focus
• Partner with your team and develop all weekly and monthly financial close activities, all planning, forecasting, and reporting models while overseeing their continuous innovation and communication to both your operations & other business partners
• Ability to travel; 25%+ travel expected, primarily to local operations, in addition to regional support
• BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
• Minimum 5+ years of finance experience, or master's degree and three years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, Tableau, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
• MBA and/or Professional certifications (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
• Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
• Demonstrated ability to work with business leaders to deliver results, including the ability to persuade with data. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.