Is your passion inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work affects the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you will fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply innovative advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we cannot even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Amazon Robotics (AR) Operations organization oversees the manufacturing of high-quality robotics and gets the right materials to the right place at the right time to enable our automated solutions. It's a fast-paced operation that works cross-functionally with teams across Amazon globally, and is driven by data and performance indicators.
We are seeking a talented and motivated Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer with a proven track record of delivering results within a complex supply chain. This role will report to the Manager of Supplier Quality within the Technical Operations organization. You will be responsible for reinventing the norms of supplier quality best practice and adapting those practices to fit Amazon Robotics' peculiar ways. Successful candidates will be adept at driving change at suppliers, in designs, and with key business processes. You will be depended on to implement systems in an ambiguous environment to enable faster responses and yield better outputs from product development through sustaining operations. If you can dream it and justify it, we will explore it.
Actively support and foster a culture of inclusion.
Develop supplier quality engagement strategies from product development through sustaining operations.
Strategize and support supplier product qualification best practices.
• Review/approve qualification documents such as product dimensional data, PFMEAs, Control Plans, DFM, etc.
• Support implementation process of custom automation reducing product cost and risk.
Scale existing supplier process and quality systems to reduce defective parts-per-million (DPPM) with increasing volumes.
• Conduct surveillance and for-cause supplier audits.
• Present quality section of Supplier Quarterly Business Reviews.
• Engage in internal/external CAPAs, improvement, and design change opportunities.
• Solve/prevent technical product and process problems across a broad set of manufacturing commodities.
• Identify failure trends and drive investigation, failure analysis, and remediation.
• Support/coordinate supplier change requests.
Define and implement Supplier selection, approval, and development process and strategies.
• Participate in strategic sourcing discussions.
• Lead supplier audits before we award business.
• Guide on best practice supplier management activities.
International and domestic travel estimated at 25%.
• 10+ years of relevant work experience in Supplier Quality
• BS Degree in an engineering discipline (i.e. Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial) or equivalent experience
• Experience with quality concepts/tools/methods such as 8D, DOE, APQP, PPAP, FMEA, Measurement Systems Analysis, etc.
• Effective communicator, able to work effectively with global and cross-functional stakeholders
• Demonstrated experience implementing quality engineering principles through development and NPI programs
• Functional knowledge of industry standards such as ISO9001 or AS9100
• Engineering or Business Master's degree
• BSME / BSIE / BSEE
• Commodity experience related to the following: aluminum castings, machining, DC gearmotors, encoders, sensors, wiring harnesses, plastics, cameras, sheet metal, PCBA, electronic components
• ASQ Certification
• PMP Certification
• Statistical Techniques specific to SPC and part measurement/qualification
• Strong understanding of Quality concepts and tools, such as SPC, Corrective Action Investigation, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Six Sigma, FMEA
• Working knowledge of basic CAD to interrogate models
• Working knowledge of GD&T based on ASME Y14.5
• PLM experience (Agile)
• Experience with statistical evaluation software such as Minitab or MatLab
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .