Americas Sales Strategy Leader
- Seattle, WA
For more than 15 years, Amazon Web Services ("AWS") has been the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 200 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the worldincluding the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agenciesto power their infrastructure.
We are seeking a Worldwide Specialized Organization (WWSO) Go-To-Market (GTM) Strategy & Innovation Leader, who will be a critical member of the Strategy & Operations (S&O) team, responsible for one of the top WWSO priorities to drive Specialist GTM plans and an improved Field interlock experience.
This position will lead a team responsible for the development, execution, coordination and collaboration, working with leadership of the WWSO, of Specialized Services, Segment and Vertical GTM strategies with field Sales Leaders and the Area sales teams. He/She will drive strategic programs, initiatives and processes that accelerate revenue growth and drive sales productivity. He/She will be engaging with senior stakeholders to meet or exceed joint business goals, and simplify and optimize the engagement between WWSO and the Field to ensure an excellent Field and customer experience working with the WWSO Specialized Service Leadership, Strategy & Operations Leadership team and the sales and operations organizations.
The ideal candidate will have experience in leading business strategy, innovation and transformation at scale in complex environments. They will have high business acumen and strong analytical skills coupled with strong collaboration and influencing skills. This is a hands-on position - the candidate must be willing to "roll up the sleeves", be a self-starter with a bias towards independent problem solving, and have a passion for identifying and eliminating bottlenecks, anticipate business needs, make tradeoffs, and balance business dynamics despite constraints. The lead will thrive in a fast-paced environment, will be able to manage through ambiguity and complexity, and constantly seek ways to invent and simplify across the business.
• Work with Specialist Service, Segment and Vertical Leads to build and drive the short and long-term GTM strategy.
• Participate in Field and WWSO specialized sales strategy and planning discussions.
• Define key sales support mechanisms, processes, and programs to meet the rapid growth of the business and achieve revenue attainment and market development objectives.
• Constantly innovate and improve programs and program management mechanisms, suggesting new ideas, sharing best practices, and improving the business and customer engagement model.
• Proactively lead joint interlock mechanisms that identify mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones.
• Evaluate effectiveness of GTM programs from WWSO and provide feedback on how to improve and enhance, including sharing best practices across Specialized Services and Geo/Field organizations.
• Ensure alignment between WWSO and Field organization. Remove sales blockers and accelerate escalations to resolution
• 10+ years of experience in sales, sales strategy, business development, and operations in SaaS business model.
• At least 7 years of leading a divisional Sales Operations function or similar responsibilities supporting a mid-to-large scale multi-geographical hi-tech Sales Organization
• 5+ years in sales or business development specific roles.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Ability to lead matrixed teams through influence across a broad set of functions and geographies, developing new ideas and creative solutions for difficult, ambiguous and complex issues.
• MBA or other relevant advanced degree.
• Persuasive verbal & written communication skills with senior leaders.
• Excellent collaboration and negotiations skills with internal and external stakeholders.
• Program management knowledge spanning planning, execution and project delivery.
• Ability to navigate a fast-paced environment with limited direction, balance competing priorities and multiple time-sensitive projects at once and make decisions and recommendations with quick turnarounds.
• Ability to provide meaningful insights of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations.
• Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement sales processes, procedures and policies.
• Highly organized, detail oriented, and efficient in ambiguous situations.
• Experience or familiarity with the AWS platform, products, solutions or capabilities.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Navigate ambiguous situations and drive to solutions independently
• Establish new or improve existing processes to drive scale across the organization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
Back to top