Amazon Web Services Business Development Associate
Are you passionate about startups and startup investing? Do you have the analytical skills, business savvy and the background necessary to help drive the AWS business with high potential startups and help further establish Amazon as the global leader in the cloud computing space?
As a Business Development Associate within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon's cloud computing platform within the global startup communities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyzing accelerator portfolios to Identify business opportunities for AWS
- Assessing accelerator performance to guide resource deployment by AWS into these groups
- Create, maintain and deliver analysis and reports on the startup ecosystem
- Support Business Development Managers in their efforts managing accelerators and their portfolio companies
- Work directly with select accelerators to ensure their portfolio companies are happy long-term AWS customers
- Working closely with the AWS sales team drive the day-to-day interactions with the portfolio companies in order to build long-term opportunities.
- Understand and actively utilize Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Some travel may be required.
- You'll also work closely with other AWS business development, product management and program management teams on strategic initiatives that tie in to the startup community.
The ideal candidate will posses both a business background that enables them to analyze and assess our efforts in the startup segment, as well as the poise, professionalism and passion for startups that will give them credibility with investors and startups. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must, as is the ability to dive deep in to the data to help AWS's global organization achieve results.
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
- Basic Qualifications
- 5+ years of relevant work experience such as management consulting, investment banking, principal investing or corporate finance rotation.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the technology/cloud industry
- MBA or graduate degree
- Passion for startups –understanding of how startups operate and the unique characteristics of startup ecosystems and communities
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Ability to effectively work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
- Some relevant technical knowledge is required, such as: database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, content delivery networks (CDNs) etc. with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied AWS services.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- High attention to detail
- Self-directed adaptable, decisive, and professional
- Ability to learn quickly, be creative and take initiative
- Able to function in a team environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Amazon is an Equal opportunity - Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top