Amazon Vision Operations Center Team Manager
- Santa Ana, Costa Rica
Amazon Vision Operations Center (AVOC), is a team that remotely handles stowing activities in the Fulfillment Centers globally. Our strategy is to employ a human-as-sensor model and allow humans to perform just those portions of a task that require higher order cognitive ability.
When a product is placed into a particular location, this activity is recorded and is sent to the AVOC team for verification. AVOC associates would watch this video and verify /mark the location of product through a tool. This process helps in maintaining the stow quality at the fulfillment center. .
As a front line Manager of 20-25 associates, the Manager will provide coaching, guidance, and mentorship to drive achievement of individual and team performance goals. Other responsibilities include interviewing, performance management and employee engagement.
Job Description Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead, develop and motivate a team of 20-25 associates through 1:1s, behavioral and customerhandling coaching and individual development plans; develop talent and manage team performance in order to meet and exceed customer satisfaction goals
• Implements performance goals, monitors and evaluates against pre-set goals implementing action plans to resolve performance barriers as needed.
• Reviews and analyzes performance metrics to identify areas of opportunity that will drive performance improvement.
• Ensure productivity is maximized through supervision, training, analysis, and feedback of performance data on a periodic basis
• File and track tickets, following up on blocks to productivity
• Provide regular, formal & informal feedback to up to 40 data associates (direct reports)
• Identify and help implement process-related improvement using methodologies such as Kaizen, six sigma, or lean.
• Liaise with Program Management and other global operations team leads to manage risks & propose mitigation strategies
• Manages schedules, monitors adherence, time-off planning, and attendance in partnership with Workforce Management.
• Represent the Voice of the Customer / associate during Gemba walks, participate in Kaizen events and other continuous improvement initiatives in order to escalate systemic problems
• Maintains a positive and professional demeanor always portraying the company in a positive light and effectively managing sensitive issues.
• Demonstrates excellent time-management skills and the ability to work independently while using departmental resources, policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates strong interest in hiring and developing people in their respective roles
• 1+ year of work experience in people management activities and direct reports, including program management, team leadership, coaching and mentoring others, where investments have been made in growing people management skills.
• Professional Proficiency in English and Spanish
• Candidate has demonstrated proficient MS Office tools knowledge, including Medium Excel skills (formulas, vlookups & pivot tables).
• Candidate has demonstrated experience managing internal and external stakeholders.
• Candidate demonstrates ability to analyze data, using the data to drive decision making in a fast pace and changing environment.
• Bachelor's or advanced degree in any discipline.
• Former experience in logistics/transportation industry or customer oriented role is a plus.
• Pull and report data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems).
Back to top