Amazon Technical Academy Instructor
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Technical Academy (ATA) is a training program that helps participants transition into a software engineering career at Amazon. Combining instructor-led, project-based learning with real-world application, graduates demonstrate proficiency in widely used software engineering skills and Amazon tools. ATA's instructional program consists of self-service prerequisites and foundation materials to prepare applicants for the program; followed by a nine-month facilitator-led, full-time immersive instruction program comprising six units of study and a Capstone project. Moving forward, we are working to expand ATA outside of Amazon to increase non-traditional SDE I hiring through partnerships with external training providers. By joining ATA you can help us change the lives of hundreds of people every year by helping them enter a Software Development Engineer role they may not have had access to otherwise.
We are seeking a Technical Trainer to help deliver of ATA's core curriculum and volunteer training program. In this role, you will:
• Deliver instructor-led classroom instruction to ATA students.
• Iterate on our curriculum and build new curriculum content where needed.
• Measure and document student progress through ATA.
• Gather KPIs to inform on strengths and weakness with curricular materials.
• Partner with ATA's engineering team, internal stakeholders, and key vendors to design, develop, enhance, and maintain ATA's curriculum to optimize participant success rates.
• Deliver training for our volunteers who support office hours and code reviews; develop supporting training materials.
To succeed in the role, the ideal candidate will need to combine practical computer science skills and engaging teaching methods to deliver high-quality instruction. We're a start-up within Amazon so the ideal candidate will need to be willing to roll up their sleeves, efficiently prioritize, and deliver quick results for our student population.
• 3+ years of relevant software development and design experience
• Proficiency with Java
• Professional teaching experience
• Experience teaching computer science and software development to adult learners.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including strong writing and speaking skills.
• Demonstrated experience developing curriculum in line with current industry and adult learning standards.
• Demonstrated experience developing training materials across in-person experiences, virtual classrooms, eLearning and self-directed learning modules.
• Demonstrated use of multiple learning methods and linking appropriate methods with learners and outcomes.
• Demonstrated ability to assess training effectiveness.
• Experience collaborating with subject matter experts, global stakeholders, and managers.
• Willingness to roll up sleeves, tackle diverse and varied problems, and find innovative, scalable solutions.
Back to top