Amazon is a fast paced innovative company that is developing software that no one has attempted before. If you are a software developer who is passionate about writing code and loves to build distributed systems that are transactional, scalable, high throughput, fault tolerant and always available, then get in touch with us.
The Item Master team is responsible for a variety of services that form a core part of the Amazon eCommerce platform. We are primarily responsible for developing the services that process all of the Item information from millions of merchants who want to sell through the Amazon family of websites. Our software also is responsible for processing the catalog information for various other Enterprise merchants whose websites run on the Amazon software platform. Our expertise lies in managing billions of products in the catalog and developing large scale distributed systems that process hundreds of millions of changes to the catalog every day in real time. The team offers a unique blend of hard computer science problems and an opportunity to help the businesses model their new ideas.
Successful candidates are passionate about translating high-level, ambiguous business goals to software platforms that enable multiple businesses. You are comfortable taking initiative and working along side top-notch software developers.
• Strong computer science background. A Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or math is required.
• 5+ years of solid design and coding skills in Java or C++.
• 5 years experience and strong desire to build high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
• Solid communication skills and ability to work well in a team are critical.
• Be highly innovative, flexible and self-directed.
Prior experience architecting, developing and operating large scale distributed systems is a plus.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation