Amazon- Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is revolutionizing how it organizes its vast product selection into a Discovery Taxonomy. We are rapidly innovating in how we build our taxonomy / product knowledge graph which describe products, their logical groupings, and links between various entities. This is critical for enabling several new innovations in how customers find their desired products in as few clicks as possible through Search, or other navigational mechanisms (e.g. Shop by Department).
We are looking for strong engineers to solve many complex technical problems in this space. Our service operates at extremely high TPS around the clock, to fuel the customer experience on Amazon.com in all markets. Below are some of the major initiatives that you will get to work on when you join us:
- Fundamentally change the way the Discovery Taxonomy is mastered based on a globalized content model with support for customizations, including how products are classified and assigned into the taxonomy (major paradigm shift / architecture change);
- Fuel our customer discovery experience via a Managed Graph Database, including leveraging modern graph query language interfaces such as TinkerPop and Gremlin;
- Build a new core knowledge vending service from scratch (extremely high TPS) leveraging Amazon's managed distributed computing platform (need to come up with radical and creative approaches to solve several challenges to succeed).
If that sounds interesting, please reach out to us, and we will share more details about this position with you.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- 4+ years professional experience in software development
- Proficiency in object oriented programming like C++ and/or Java
- Experience in Distributed Systems Design, Data Structures and Algorithms
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Self-directed team player
- Results oriented person with a focus on delivery
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Linux experience preferred
- Experience in Graph theory
- Experience with TinkerPop, Gremlin, Kryo.
Back to top