Amazon - Software Development Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Amazon Mobile Shopping is one of the fastest growing strategic businesses within Amazon. Our scale is billions of dollars and millions of users. We work with the latest devices as soon as they come out: phones, tablets, TVs and wearables. Our team is responsible for creating the best shopping experience for customers wherever they go on their favorite devices. We are passionate about building scalable, well-designed software. We constantly improve our technical foundation and user experience. As a senior engineer on the Mobile Shopping team, you'll have huge impact on how customers, even friends and family, interact with Amazon.
We love to work with smart people who have a strong sense of ownership and strong engineering mindset. You provide mobile perspective and context for technology choices. You're up to the challenge of device and mobile network limitations, device fragmentation, and other mobile development curve balls. You are motivated to tackle ambiguous situations with new technologies to rapidly produce prototypes. You outline paths from prototype to product. You are a technical leader for your team. You contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and the engineering practices on your team.
About the hiring team:
We created the App Experiences (AppX) team to explore new ways for Amazon customers to complete common shopping tasks quicker, browse more efficiently, and discover new features. Even as the 10th most-installed app, we're still learning how to make the right decisions for customers and how to educate them about new features. We build new iOS & Android features addressing customer frustrations and innovate on core shopping functions like the personalized navigation menu, location awareness, and browsing; identifying core shopping experiences that are not mobile optimized, and fix them. We spend a lot of time thinking about what mobile shopping means and how we do it correctly with strong partnerships between dev, product, and design competencies. Our toughest problems are crafting world-class UX experiences and every pixel matters to our customers. We are innovators at heart, and mobile App customer experience is king to us.
• You will architect new end-to-end customer experiences that bring shopping innovations to mobile, TV and wearable audiences.
• You deep-dive into client or server systems to optimize for performance, maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed.
• You propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes that are used by the entire mobile shopping team for development.
• You mentor team members to promote engineering excellence.
• You are continually "looking around the corner" for the benefit of our customers and investing wholeheartedly in building amazing mobile shopping experiences.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• 3+ years of software development experience in Java, C++ and/or Objective C.
• Experience developing high quality, large-scale consumer applications.
• Firm understanding of software development principles, capabilities and limitations.
• Attested oral and written communication skills with technical and non-technical partners.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Experience building highly scalable, consumer-facing systems.
• Firm understanding of software development principles, capabilities and limitations of mobile platforms (iOS and Android).
• Expert in software engineering (process, architecture, algorithms, data structures) and knowledge of Agile methodologies is a bonus.
• Passion for mobile development. We would love to hear about apps you've developed!
Back to top