Amazon- Senior Technical Program Manager
- Palo Alto, CA
Are you passionate about delighting customers and creating memorable developer experiences? Amazon Search is looking for a driven, customer-obsessed Technical Program Manager to define the strategy for increasing developer productivity.
The Search and Discovery experience on Amazon is central to every customer's shopping mission and purchasing journey. Hundreds of business teams create thousands of personalized features and whole page experiences for customers. As a TPM on our team, you'll be responsible for working with dozens of teams across the company to build the developer APIs, SDKs and tools that enable ideation, prototyping, development and experimentation for innovative new search features. You will transform feature development costs from months to hours of development effort without compromising the quality of the end customer experience.
You will function as a leader of leaders, working with product, design, tech writing and devOps professionals to achieve the goal of zero friction developer experiences. You are someone who enjoys working with cutting-edge systems, is customer-centric, and thrives on the challenge of implementing solutions at a scale only Amazon can offer.
The right candidate will excel in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. You will help develop architectures and technical solutions for complex problems, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs - balancing the business needs versus technical constraints.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline with 5+ years of experience; or Bachelor's Degree with 7+ years of experience.
• 3+ years of experience leading a software development projects through multiple product/platform releases.
• Strong system design background.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• Experienced in using an iterative process such as SCRUM to deliver engineering projects; experience in continuous improvement to the development process.
• Experience building complex, high-performance, and highly-available distributed software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Experience successfully collaborating with design, product and dev Ops professionals to deliver products that delight customers.
Back to top